Saturday, August 20, 2011

Representing Jamaica

I wish I could take credit for this idea and these colors together, but I got it from GUATEMALANHOTMAMA1 on Youtube....she is awesome!  I wanted to try my new palette that I got from BH Cosmetics.  I got Palette #1
These colors are so bright and vivid.  I'm so glad I bought this palette.
Here is the look...I had to represent my Jamaican Heritage!
~ First, I started with Too Faced Eye Insurance, then dabbed on some NYX eye pencil in Milk.

~ Then, I took a bright yellow (in the pic, it is the 5th from the left side, second row from the bottom) and patted that on the inner corner of my lid, including under my eye.

~ After that, I take a bright green (the only green on the second part of the palette with the pinks and purples) and dab that on the middle of my lid going towards the outer part of my lid.  I also brush it on the middle of my lower lid.
~ The final shadow that I use is black (on the farthest top row on the second part of the palette) I dab that on the outer part of my lid, also bringing it towards the bottom (making a smokey look). 
~ Next, I use a fluffy brush to blend those colors (lightly, so you don't mess with the colors too much) starting with the yellow to green, then blending the green past your crease, finally blending the green with the black.
~ I used my handy dandy Maybelline gel liner in black to line the upper lid, winging it out at the end, as well as on my water line on the bottom.
~Finally, I finished the look with Falsies mascara in black.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope  you enjoyed this look! 

~Alauna

2 comments:

  1. super hot....i just did a jamaican cut crease look for independence day, went to a party (i'm not jamaican, was for the party)


    Jamaican makeup look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool! You should have taken pics!

    ReplyDelete